Monday, March 8, 2010

Planes, Trains & Automobiles

"Oh, he's drunk. How would he know where we're going? "



This movie was made in 1987 which was before I was even born. Like The Jerk, Planes, Trains & Automobiles is a movie that is one of my favorites because my mom made me watch it originally with her. It has almost become an inside joke between us now and we will recite lines from it every once in a while.

Neal Page (Steve Martin) is trying to get home to his house and family on Thanksgiving. His flight becomes cancelled due to bad weather, so he tries to find another way to find a way to get home. Neal is then graced with the presence of Del Griffith (John Candy). Along the way of their motivation to get home, they get in weird situations with each other. They get their money stolen to being almost killed on the highway.

This movie is older so it might not appeal to all comedy audiences. I thought it deserved a spot on my list of comedy movies because I personally like it and there's nothing like a movie from the 80's!

No comments:

Post a Comment