Monday, February 22, 2010

Christmas Vacation

"And when Santa squeezes his fat white ass down that chimney tonight, he's gonna find the jolliest bunch of assholes this side of the nuthouse."



Christmas Vacation, which came out in 1989, is a great comedy movie. My family and I watch it at least 5 times during the month of Christmas, because it never is Christmas unless we watch it. I rarely watch movies out of season, but I enjoy this movie so much that I can actually watch it in other months besides December.

The movie follows the Griswold family and all of their traditions for the Christmas holiday. They start off with the Griswold family cutting down their own tree themselves in the woods. Clark Griswold, Chevy Chase, has just put down a deposit for a swimming pool at his house because he knows his Christmas bonus will pay for it. What he doesn't know is that he's going to get a completely different bonus this year. The family has their relatives over to celebrate for Christmas and along the way, very weird and hilarious things happen which continuously surprise you. The clip below is a little taste of how wacked out the movie is and this is their family Christmas Eve dinner.



I'd like to guess that anyone who is reading this post has seen this movie. If you havn't even heard of this movie before, I may have lost a little bit of respect for you. They came out with a sequel but I have never seen it and don't plan too.

No comments:

Post a Comment