Thursday, February 18, 2010

The Jerk

" And that's it and that's the only thing I need, is this."



This is a great movie. This movie is 31 years old and that is what makes it even better. Steve Martin is a hit in it. My mom is the one who forced me to watch it the first time and I actually didn't enjoy it because I usually don't like old movies. After the 3rd time I saw it I really liked it so I think it should make it on my great comedy movies blog. It is such a classic.

The Jerk is about a man named Navin Johnson who grows up in Mississippi. He is adopted by a black family who cares for him like he was their own son. When he is 18 he decides he wants to see what the world is really like so he sets out to St. Louis. Along the way, many funny things happen. I'm not going to tell you anything about what happens along the way because thats why the movie is awesome. Check out the clip below as a taste of how the movie is:



This was Steve Martin's first role in a feature film. This really put Steve Martin on the radar for acting. In 2000, it was voted the "48th greatest comedy movie of all time". This is 6th for my blog posts, but don't be mistaken. This is definitely worth your time to watch if you havn't seen it yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment